“Nothing is impossible!” is a phrase that we use to help our friends, our family, our children, our lovers, strangers and ourselves at times to build up confidence when enduring a difficult task. For the most part this is very accurate; however, you cannot love anyone or anything else until you love yourself. It’s not impossible, you just have to take the necessary steps to achieve your goal!
To some people, this idea comes naturally. It shows in their charismatic disposition and most of all in their smile. To others, this is a foreign concept. I promise you, if this is a foreign concept to you, it’s nothing you can’t overcome, remember!! NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!
If you are seasoned in your practice or just getting started, you will read or have read many articles along the lines of, “This is the most important tool in your arsenal”… and while those articles are not wrong, (as I have read several of them myself) they are missing the first and most basic tool and it’s not even a tool at all…it’s the basic practice of loving yourself.
We spend hours upon hours ensuring the healthiness of our spiritual care, but sometimes we neglect the energy at the very heart of it. You can’t expect anything to manifest within you if you haven’t made a healthy environment for it to grow in. Look inside your being, don’t only see the beauty but feel the beauty as it stirs inside you, allow it to surround your every thought. Whether you love yourself or you want to love yourself, below are just a few simple ideas to get you started and keep you going. At the end of the day, your practice is only as sound as your love for yourself.
- Just do it! In your solitude, reach your arms to the sky and belt out, “I LOVE ME”.
- Write it down on a sticky note and attach it to your mirror so you read it every morning.
- Write it down “I LOVE ME” in your book of shadows or in your journal.
- Write all the things that you love about yourself in these same places and read it once or twice a day, if need be.
- Don’t beat yourself up. We are our worst critics and there is nothing wrong with a little criticism; but don’t over do it. You don’t deserve it. Sometimes we make mistakes and that’s okay.
- Know your value. Know what you are worth and know what you deserve and if you wouldn’t let someone else treat you that way, don’t you treat yourself that way.
- Follow the golden rule of the law of attraction; what you put out there you will get back. The same goes for the love you put out there for yourself.
Imagine how much better your magick will manifest itself in you if the environment that in which you create it is healthy, protected, safe and most of all, filled with love?
Using your mind’s eye..envision the energy of your beauty stirring inside you. Feel it slowly seep through your veins, empowering your heart and soul and moving through just as the blood flows through your veins. Watch it stitch back together the pieces of you that have been hurt or neglected, feel the warmth from inside as the energy within you strengths from the love you give yourself.
Remember, NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE, especially … if you love yourself.